Take Advantage of Spring Ahead!
Rowan College at Burlington County offers high school seniors the opportunity to take part in its popular Spring Ahead program. Seniors who have submitted a RCBC application are invited to the attend the trip to RCBC where you will take the College Skills Assessment test (Accuplacer) and register for your courses.
Dates for Class of 2018:
November 17, 2017- Information Session at 8:30am in the Media Center
TBD - must apply to RCBC by this date to be eligible to take the Accuplacer Placement Test in January.
TBD - Accuplacer Placement Test
TBD - Visit Burlington County College and Register for Fall 2018
Steps to Enroll:
- Register at www.rcbc.edu
- Click on Apply to RCBC online
- "Are you currently a High School student who is interested in enrolling in RCBC courses while still in High School?" Click NO (because you will not be in high school in September 2018)
- Continue to click NO for the remaining questions. It will lead you to the maroon “Apply Now” icon.
Start completing your financial aid information at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
The deadline is June 1st. RCBC’s Federal School Code: 007730. Information about the Assessment:
The State of New Jersey requires all institutions of higher education to assess all entering students for proficiency in reading, writing, computation and elementary algebra.
Students whom have met the following benchmarks on the SAT, ACT, PARCC exam, or Specific Prior College Coursework are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam:
- Prior to March 2016 students with scores of: Math Score of 540 or higher and a Critical Reading Score of 530 or higher
- After March 2016 students with scores of: Math Score of 500 or better and a Evidence Based Reading and Writing Score of 450 or better.
- MATH PARCC score of 4 or 5
- ENGLISH PARCC score of 4 or 5
- Students with ACT scores of 23 or higher in Reading and 20 or higher in Math are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam.
- Students who have taken college-level English and Math courses with a grade of a C or higher are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam.
Any questions, or to sign up for RCBC Spring Ahead, please contact your guidance counselor.