Rowan College at Burlington County
Rowan College at Burlington County (RCBC) offers high school seniors the opportunity to take part in its popular Spring Ahead program, which allows students to get a head start on applying and registering for classes. Seniors who have submitted a RCBC application and taken the one of the required entrance tests (Accuplacer, SAT, ACT) are invited to the attend the spring trip to RCBC where you will get a tour and register for your courses.
For any questions, or to sign up for RCBC Spring Ahead, please contact your guidance counselor.
Steps to Apply to RCBC
- Register at www.rcbc.edu
- Click on Apply to RCBC online
- "Are you currently a High School student who is interested in enrolling in RCBC courses while still in High School?" Click NO (because you will not be in high school in August/September 2021)
- Continue to click NO for the remaining questions. It will lead you to the maroon “Apply Now” icon.
Information about the Assessment
Students whom have met the following benchmarks on the SAT, ACT, PARCC exam, or Specific Prior College Coursework are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam:
- Prior to March 2016 students with scores of: Math Score of 540 or higher and a Critical Reading Score of 530 or higher
- After March 2016 students with scores of: Math Score of 500 or better and a Evidence Based Reading and Writing Score of 450 or better.
- MATH PARCC score of 4 or 5
- ENGLISH PARCC score of 4 or 5
- Students with ACT scores of 23 or higher in Reading and 20 or higher in Math are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam.
- Students who have taken college-level English and Math courses with a grade of a C or higher are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam.
RCBC - NJ STARS Scholarship - free RCBC tuition for juniors & seniors in the top 15% of their class
RCBC Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)
- Complete the RCBC admissions process - 1) submit a completed RCBC admissions application, 2) submit high school transcripts and 3) take the placement exam.
- Complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application
- Complete the 2021-2022 NJFAMS/HESSA application
- Complete and submit the EOF Program application and essay (can be located on the EOF website)
- Provide a copy of the tax return transcript
- Interview with the EOF Director or EOF Counselor