As we begin the start of the 2022-2023 school year, please remember the following guidelines regarding COVID-19 policies and procedures for the school district
- The BOE has agreed to allow at home tests this year to verify COVID results
- If a COVID-19 test is indicated due to presenting symptoms, the District will allow an over the counter/at home COVID-19 test, with a photographic upload of the result or print out of the result with the student’s name clearly present; If an at-home antigen test is used - whether positive or negative results - an attestation by the student’s parent/guardian that the test was performed, must be provided. The form required from the student’s parent/guardian that will be used to collect this information can be found at this link: https://forms.gle/Rx8Zm4ddrgDRZSW27
- If the student test positive for COVID, please keep your child home and notify the health office IMMEDIATELY.
- If your child is experiencing COVID-19 compatible symptoms, you MUST keep your child(ren) home and notify the health office. ** See list below **
- We are no longer quarantining for close contacts or for positive household members. Students may still attend school as long as they remain symptomatic.
- Face coverings continue to be option and not mandatory while in school buildings.
** COVID-19 compatible symptoms**
- Experiencing TWO or more of the following symptoms: Fever > 100 degrees, chills/shivers, muscle/body aches, Headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, congestion or runny nose OR
- Experiencing ONE of the following symptoms: Cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell.
Return to School Protocol
As per the BRSD guidelines, if your student TESTS POSITIVE:
- They will be required to isolate for 5 days from either the date of symptoms or test date
- If they have symptoms, then first day of symptoms counts as day "0", next day starts day "1"
- If no symptoms and test positive, test date counts as day "0", next day starts day "1"
- For days 6-10, the student is required to wear a mask.
- Please provide the nurse with a copy of the negative results either via the attestation form or doctor's note
- Student may return the next day as long as they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of medication and their symptoms have improved.